Saturday, April 18, 2009

Anamia's - Coppell, Texas

A combination of the owner’s wife and daughter’s names, Anamia’s is a hidden local treasure offering Tex-Mex favorites and interesting culinary adventures. Dine in, take-out or have an event catered…Anamia’s offers it all.


Introducing the Guac-o-meter:
Photobucket



Jennifer's Rating: 4.3 total chews out of a possible 7 chews

Photobucket

Atmosphere (people & decor): 5 chews
Host Service: 5 chews
Wait Service: 4 chews
Menu (selection & design): 3.5 chews
Food's Appearance: 3 chews
Food's Taste: 5.5 chews
Authenticity (true to marketing):5 chews
Price: 4.5 chews
Location (curb appeal & parking): 5 chews
Special Notes: Guacano overflowed with flavor!!
What to Wear: Casual & comfy
Overheard: Myself chowing down on quac.
Post Chew:Really full and a little tipsy.


Jennifer Says:
I’ve driven past Anamia’s for years….but never went in because of my fear of strip-mall restaurants. So I was nervous when my co-workers took me here for lunch. But after that first trip, I’ve been going back ever since.


When you first walk in, the dimly-lit entry room is always full...which is usually a good sign. You’re immediately pulled into the cozy bar where you can get a delicious margarita and wait for your table to be ready. Sometimes I wish we could just stay in the bar area and eat, the atmosphere is just so amazing and comfy I never want to leave.


The menu has all of the usual Tex-Mex suspects. But if you’re not super hungry, I suggest getting a bowl of the chicken tortilla soup and some tableside guacamole.


Now, I consider myself to be a fresh guacamole connoisseur…and Anamia’s tableside guac is some of the best I’ve ever had. Big plus in my book! And on this particular night the quac came in a HUGE bowl…which Matt and I dubbed the Guacano. It was overflowing in deliciousness. So for the first time in my life, I was unable to finish the quac. Matt was shocked.


The waiters are sometimes a little over-the-top cheesy, but it just adds to the loud, fast-paced Spanish villa atmosphere. The place is always packed with lively staff, tons of families, groups of women out for a ladies-night dinner, little league teams after their games…it’s a true cross-section of the all-American local residents of Coppell.


So don’t let the local strip mall location fool you. This isn’t your usual Tex-Mex place...there’s an extra flair here in the food and atmosphere. Anamia’s truly does it right. And a place that makes guacamole like they do is alright in my book….my quac book that is.



Matt's Review: 4.2 total chews out of a possible 7 chews


Photobucket

Atmosphere (people & decor): 5 chews
Host Service: 2 chews
Wait Service: 4 chews
Menu (selection & design): 4 chews
Food's Appearance: 4 chews
Food's Taste: 5 chews
Authenticity (true to marketing): 4 chews
Price: 4 chews
Location (curb appeal & parking): 4 chews
Special Notes: Drinks at the bar were really nice and the bar atmosphere is great. The bar has a cool buzz when busy. My only concern is why they would hire a high school kid with no personality to host this great "family" Mexican restaurant...doesn't fit with the rest of the staff.
What to Wear: Casual.
Overheard: "...and that Lockheed Martin thing...I could've done that in twenty minutes."
Post Chew: Satisfied and full.


Matt Says:
Anamia’s boasts a no “turn and burn” atmosphere, which is strange considering the server barely had enough time to give us the guacamole before our entrée’s were served. I’m not complaining by any means, because the service was great (except for when I ordered my meal and the server laughed at me and called me a “cowboy, huh?”) as well as the food.


Jennifer and I couldn’t believe how quickly our meals came and we were amazed to the point of hilarity at the size of our guacamole bowl (which we dubbed the GUACANO). I ordered the Cowboy (One brisket taco, one shredded beef enchilada, one pork tamale, beans and rice) and ate every bit of it. The highlight was definitely the brisket taco, which I saved for last. The other items were delicious as well, including the rich and creamy guacamole.


I would definitely recommend Anamia’s to all Mexican food lovers…one of the best tasting and reasonably priced in the area. Jennifer and I are regulars at the Cristina’s in Lewisville, but from now on…I’d rather go to Anamia’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment